How many ham related forums are you affiliated with?

No Board would be complete without a spot for Discussion of Topics not covered
By other Forums. Place it Here, BUT BE NICE
United States of America WZ7U
Reactions:

How many ham related forums are you affiliated with?

Post by WZ7U »

How many ham radio related forums are you affiliated with? Myself, I have 6 that I check in the course of the day. Well, one of them is a Reddit sub, so maybe it's really only 5. Each has its own peculiarities and charms, some are more entertaining than others. I'm counting this one as one I will check in the course of the day as well.

I'm wondering if there are plans for a local version of the sewer here? If not, I'm good with that too.

So, here's the first thread topic in the sub. Sorry I couldn't come up with something more captivating. Give it time... 8-)
de Eric, WZ7U, CN86jc
United States of America KD8DEY
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: How many ham related forums are you affiliated with?

Post by KD8DEY »

Only on Here and the Zed actively...
Couple other boards I stop by to read for giggles, but don't post there anymore...
Speaking about not posting, PAT seems to be missing in action lately over on Da Zed..
Starting to miss his humor...

Not really planning on a "Sewer" all I ask is to be nice (No personal attacks) and have a bit of fun..
It's fine to have a strong debate going (But like I said be nice- No personal attacks)

One of the things I came across in my 11m Daze before I got my ticket was
CB Ops saying that Hams were to Anal, and Holier than thou as one of the reasons for not going for it, even though
they posessed some skills and knowledge that some hams (AKA Appliance operators) didn't have.....
In a sense, Maybe that should be one of my missions in life to prove not all Hams are that way...
Ymmv
Is it just me, or does "Googling Yourself" just not sound right?..
w5wn
Curious
Curious
Reactions:

Post by w5wn »

This board makes 3 sites for me. I read and post on the zed mostly, but have cut way back. Some of the posters there get pretty caustic so I've been posting as well as reading comments there a lot less. I will occasionally go to QTH.com but it seems as if a lot of discussions are the same as on the zed, even with a lot of the same people posting.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by KD8DEY »

w5wn wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:29 am This board makes 3 sites for me. I read and post on the zed mostly, but have cut way back. Some of the posters there get pretty caustic so I've been posting as well as reading comments there a lot less. I will occasionally go to QTH.com but it seems as if a lot of discussions are the same as on the zed, even with a lot of the same people posting.
One of the nice things about being "Management" is I won't ever have to worry about being "Banned" :MrGreen:

I have fun on Da Zed. I have no Dreams of "Out Zedding Da Zed". I have neither the Money or the expertise....

Just over 10 more hours to go, Then I will go to the hosting site, put a "Redirect" in place from Cornpone.net to the forums, Then the Bots, and other web crawlies will be able to find the place...

I don't even consider this a "Ham" radio site Per Se, But I do include it. It's More for playing around with all radios, And electronics in general....

One of the things I don't understand completely, Is that they let things loosen up a bit, The users start having a bit of fun, The board starts to take on a life of it's own, Then as you say, some people get a bit caustic or snarky, Then FredCo brings out the Zookster....
The board swings from one end of the spectrum, then back again. A lot of people are left with their mouth hanging open, caught in the middle...Afraid to post...
Reactions:

Post by WZ7U »

True that about teh zed lately. Stunts like that irritate me. That, and their pet posters like the one in Sandwich Mass. A real Masshole.

Are you sure you want bots floating around in here? Seems like asking for problems, but what do I know?
de Eric, WZ7U, CN86jc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by KD8DEY »

WZ7U wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:10 pm
Are you sure you want bots floating around in here? Seems like asking for problems, but what do I know?
Not much choice if I want the site to grow,,....
United States of America K9ase
Test Dummy
Test Dummy
Reactions:

Post by K9ase »

This makes number 3. I also spend most of my time on "The Zed".
I think QRZ has gotten better now that they moved the politics forum,
"Life is hard;It's harder when you're stupid"
United States of America W9FTV
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by W9FTV »

3 but eHam's kind of iffy.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. --Winston Churchill
Endeavor to persevere -- Chief Dan George
w5wn
Curious
Curious
Reactions:

Post by w5wn »

K9ase wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:45 pm This makes number 3. I also spend most of my time on "The Zed".
I think QRZ has gotten better now that they moved the politics forum,
I do enjoy the behind the paywall forums, especially the political forum. The Ham Radio Discussion forum tends to get political at times and generally people are more sarcastic and disrespectful to one another. Also, the topics become very repetitive and mundane. I can only read the "What Is The Best (insert topic)" threads so many times.
Reactions:

Post by WZ7U »

Never climbed the paywall. Seems like a waste of money.
de Eric, WZ7U, CN86jc
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Misc Off Topic Ham Discussions”