Still workin on it...

Ham Radio General Discussion
United States of America KD8DEY
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Still workin on it...

Post by KD8DEY »

Might be considered a battle of wits with a dangerous, but Unarmed opponent.
I have been procrastinating about putting up an antenna, BUT I have a "new" working radio sitting on the desk...

When I first moved in here, The landlord gave me permission to put up an antenna, But said that it had to be either attached to the utility poles that she claimed she owned, or in the case of a satellite antenna, mounted on a separate pole at the corner of the trailer if needed.

Nothing was to be attached to the trailer itself, because she didn't want any new holes....Nothing set in the middle of the yard...

I suspected that even if she did own the poles, that this wouldnt be allowed because of safety concerns. So I did a little digging, and came up with this.....Image
So apparently, She Is mistaken about the ownership of the Utility poles...

Over the weekend, I paid a guy to put up my mast, which she said was a violation of my Lease agreement, BUT that she was OK with it since I didnt make any new holes in the trailer. (We didnt. Using an 18" mounting bracket, we were able to remove two existing screws, and replace them with the screws for the brackets...)
So heres the kicker...

Claiming that I violated the lease (It was only good for 6 months, then a month by month basis) is wrong...

Since her demanding that antennas be mounted on poles that she doesnt own as part of the lease, Which would be considered an unlawful act, The lease is un enforcable, and Void in a court of law..

OTARD is your friend..
Reading about OTARD, it has a section regarding OTA TV antennas.
In one part it says that I have a right to put up a OTA TV Antenna, and that I am protected from unreasonable restrictions in doing so in my "Private Use" area...

Mounting an antenna at the corner of the trailer? Nope, Cant do it, I would have to make holes in the trailer that she doesn't want to allow.

Cant Mount on the Service Pole (Unlawful) so That's out.

So the mast is mounted at the center of the trailer (Should work for a 40 meter Dipole, or a shortened 80 meter Dipole, Or perhaps a Fan dipole??) using existing screw holes. The only way it could be done, And protected under OTARD...

I have an OTA TV antenna sitting here in the box that I need to assemble and have installed to C.M.A. under OTARD, and use the Dipole as support legs for the mast,,,

The Mast would be too unstable due to height/weight for a G5RV to be high enough to get the center lead off the ground, So I still got to save up for a Balun, and a Lighter Coax...

BUT I will finally be back on the air,

If you look at the attachment, you will see that all I have to do is make 1 more E-Mail/Or a Phone call, And every OTA/Satellite antenna (There are several) on the property would be forcibly removed....
(Wouldn't make me very popular around here)

Debating on whether or not I should send the landlord a copy of the E-Mail, and OTARD online document as a preventative measure, so She can revise her lease, or let sleeping dogs lay...)
Is it just me, or does "Googling Yourself" just not sound right?..
United States of America KD8DEY
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: Still workin on it...

Post by KD8DEY »

Is it just me, or does "Googling Yourself" just not sound right?..
United States of America WZ7U
Reactions:

Re: Still workin on it...

Post by WZ7U »

Bubba, that's great! You're almost there, slow and steady wins this race.

Make no attempt to enlighten her, you may need that little nugget you're holding as a hail mary or for the nuclear option. Just keep smiling and being Mr. Agreeable right up to the whack!
de Eric, WZ7U, CN86jc
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Hamtalk”