Recent developments in the news

Moderator: W9FTV

Forum rules
The opinions expressed in this Forum are those of the authors. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of CORNPONE or its members.
United States of America WZ7U
Reactions:

Recent developments in the news

Post by WZ7U »

So, then there's this....

http://dctribune.org/insider-details-re ... ite-house/

Her relationship with Trump had grown tense over time and it seems there were significant disagreements over how immigration should be handled. Reports suggest the president was asking her to perform illegal actions regarding immigration and when Nielsen tried to explain to the president why it was wrong or not feasible, the president would subject her to verbal abuse.
de Eric, WZ7U, CN86jc
AC8UN
Reactions:

Re: Recent developments in the news

Post by AC8UN »

Now I have to admit that he wasn't my first or even second choice,
but there is no way I was voting for Shrillary Clinton.
And he is doing pretty much what he said he would do off times with a hostile congress, yes he is used to getting his way, and quite often I wish he would just shut up and do what needs to be done!
Now civilized for your protection. :Grin:
Reactions:

Post by WZ7U »

AC8UN wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:58 pm Now I have to admit that he wasn't my first or even second choice,
And he is doing pretty much what he said he would do off times with a hostile congress, yes he is used to getting his way, and quite often I wish he would just shut up and do what needs to be done!
OK, I'm with you on the first sentence. Completely. We as the voting public were given the :Dounlebirdie: by the establishment, through the choices presented us in 2016. IMO, we were fucked no matter which way we went. Having realized this it was apparent to me early on that Cheeto Mussolini would win because Shrillary has too much baggage and too many ties to people and events lots of our fellow Americans found distasteful. I get that, but why were we given these two distasteful options? More importantly, who decided it was going to be this way before hand?

As far as the second sentence goes, I get that too. Problem is, Cheeto Mussolini needs to remember the Constitution and it's checks and balances, and quit trying to run roughshod over things because if he keeps it up, he's the one going to hear "You're Fired!"
de Eric, WZ7U, CN86jc
Reactions:

Post by WZ7U »

Just to recap: Currently there is no Secretary of Homeland Security, no Secretary of Defense, no Secretary of the Air Force, no U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, no Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Director, no Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Administrator, no Secretary of the Interior, no Administrator of the Small Business Administration, no Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Director, no Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Administrator, and no Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Commissioner. Now he’s getting rid of the head of the Secret Service.

Is this how a sitting US President becomes a dictator?
de Eric, WZ7U, CN86jc
United States of America W9FTV
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by W9FTV »

Eric, *We* weren't fucked. You, and apparently many others felt that you, collectively were fucked.
Over the years, I've gradually stopped believing in "e pluribus unum." It's been replaced by thousands of "perspectives," "identities" or just plain power grabs.
I don't believe there's a collective *WE* American identity anymore.

Trump is an answer to a symptom. Is he the best answer? Time will tell.

There's a whole shitpot of very angry people who waited until the proper time and made their discontent crystal clear. I'd wager that most of them can't reasonably be classified by the usual moronic labels being bandied about "racist, homophobe, misogynist" etc...

Trump is a huge "FUCK YOU" to the American political machine. ALL of it.

That said, he's doing his damnedest to keep his promises. I can respect that.
When's the last time you saw a pol busting his ass to keep his promises?
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. --Winston Churchill
Never ring the bell. -- Adm William McRaven
United States of America Bubbathegimp
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Bubbathegimp »

GANG BANG!!
Da Gubamint Taketh
Da Gubamint Giveth Away
AC8UN
Reactions:

Post by AC8UN »

WZ7U wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:33 pm
AC8UN wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:58 pm Now I have to admit that he wasn't my first or even second choice,
OK, I'm with you on the first sentence. Completely. We as the voting public were given the :Dounlebirdie: by the establishment, through the choices presented us in 2016. IMO, we were fucked no matter which way we went. Having realized this it was apparent to me early on that Cheeto Mussolini would win because Shrillary has too much baggage and too many ties to people and events lots of our fellow Americans found distasteful. I get that, but why were we given these two distasteful options? More importantly, who decided it was going to be this way before hand?

As far as the second sentence goes, I get that too. Problem is, Cheeto Mussolini needs to remember the Constitution and it's checks and balances, and quit trying to run roughshod over things because if he keeps it up, he's the one going to hear "You're Fired!"
Since when has the Constitution mattered to any one in power, the last several Presidents have subverted I'd in numerous ways, they were just quiet and sneaky about it.

Yes Donald Trump is brazen somewhat uncouth and used to getting his way, but if you have a dirty job to do do you think a choir boy is going to get it done, or are you going to find a bare knuckle fighter to get down the dirt and kick some ass?
Now civilized for your protection. :Grin:
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by W9FTV »

Bubbathegimp wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:10 pm GANG BANG!!

LOL :Dounlebirdie:
I despise politics and piss on it's practitioners.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. --Winston Churchill
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by W9FTV »

W9FTV wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:24 pm

LOL :Dounlebirdie:
I despise politics and piss on it's practitioners.
Oh, and your father smells of elderberries :Dounlebirdie:
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by W9FTV »

Asshole :Rolling:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic