time for a new antenna.

Forums discussing Antennas And Towers, Including Homebrew Antennas
United States of America KD8DEY
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: time for a new antenna.

Post by KD8DEY »

Got an E-Mail from Palomar, and discovered that PayPal is still supplying the wrong shipping address,
rushed over to the USPS site, and filled out a form, telling them about the package. It's coming from California, so hopefully they can intercept it, and redirect it to my new place.
Thankfully it is insured....
Is it just me, or does "Googling Yourself" just not sound right?..
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by KD8DEY »

had an idea,...the Palomar site shows a stub added to improve 20 meters, ...wonder if I could get a stub working to add 30/15m to the dipole....
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by KD8DEY »

Got a call from the postal service, they are aware of the problem, and are on the case.....
might turn out OK after all :Have_a_Nice_Day:
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by KD8DEY »

Today is a "French Toast Alert" day.
thought I'd do a little work with the antenna parts I have so far.
Discovered that R.W. antenna store sent me the wrong lightning arrestor.
I ordered the MFJ-272MF with PL-259/SO-239 connectors, but the one they sent me has N type/SO-239 connectors.
I have been unable to I D the version they sent me Online, So I fired off an E-Mail to MFJ's customer service.....
also started a claim with PayPal to get it resolved...

I have heard a lot of people call MFJ, "Mighty Fine Junk", but I've not really had any major proplems with any of the stuff I've bought. Just an unfortuate circumstance of their initials, and the cheap hams sense of humor?
only time will tell.....
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by KD8DEY »

had to use a magnifying glass to read the sticker, and it has the right part number on the label.
i took a look through the MFJ catalog, and couldnt find one with the N connector listed, So I
am suspecting a manufacturing error (They used the wrong fucking connector when they built them, Or packaged the wrong part for MFJ)
contacted MFJ through their Facebook page, waiting for a reply.

*Update
The store I bought it from contacted me, and they agree that it is probably a supplier issue. They have 25 more of them, All with the wrong connector. They also are going to contact MFJ, and send me the right part......

I looked around online trying to match the one I received, and found one that looks identical to what I was supposed to get, but only a 3rd the price, BUT Made in China!! YIKES!!
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by KD8DEY »

got the rope clamps in the mail today from China to build my antenna project. got everything together, and discovered that the E-Bay seller sent the wrong clamps.

why is it that E-Bay lets Chinese sellers get away with this? they either send defective or the wrong part, then want you to return it for a refund knowing that it is cost prohibitive due to China receuving special postage rates as a "Developing 3rd world economy", making it a lot more costlier to return than it is to ship for the seller. you get screwed by the seller since it often costs mor to return the item than what you originally paid for the "cheap" item, the dealer gets paid for something that is unusable for your purpose, or is a defective piece of crap, or missing parts.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Antennas and Tower Talk”