Thinking about getting back into crystal radio

Crystal Radios forum
United States of America KD8DEY
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: Thinking about getting back into crystal radio

Post by KD8DEY »

Darn Postal Service. Had a notice that some of my parts would be out for delivery today.
Today I get a notice that they couldn't deliver, that access was blocked..WTF?
Everybody knows that I am in a trailer park. 17 other trailers, & no access??
Spent over a half hour on hold @ 1-800-ask usps, only to be told that the stuff was probably at the delivery persons station, and probably didn't make it to his vehicle.

At least I don't have to worry about the stuff being returned to sender...
Got a 1/4 inch Delrin rod, and some battery holders coming (for future projects)
I figure that using the rod, along with a nylon coupler, that I shouldn't need to worry about stray hand capacitance de-tuning the radio...

Found a nice appx 4 inch od x 8 inch clear acrylic tube on our favorite bash site that should make a nice coil form. (Using cardboard reduces circuit "Q"..

Just about everything gathered. still need to figure out what to mount it all on, along with mounting hardware...

I need to invest in one of those rotary tools..(Gotta figure out how to drill the form without messing it up)
I was thinking I could probably use masking tape to help keep the drill bit from slipping till I get the hole started, along with one of those "Diamond Tip" bits.
Is it just me, or does "Googling Yourself" just not sound right?..
United States of America KD8DEY
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: Thinking about getting back into crystal radio

Post by KD8DEY »

I've pretty much got everything gathered up except for a suitable "Cabinet" to put it all in.
Got the coil calculated etc. still need to get some solder tabs. I was thinking about checking out the local flea market, or perhaps a cheap dollar store "Jewelry Chest"
Is it just me, or does "Googling Yourself" just not sound right?..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Radios that work for Free”