Well, shit!

Forums discussing Antennas And Towers, Including Homebrew Antennas
User avatar
United States of America W9FTV
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Posts: 797
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:14 pm
Location: Conjuction Junction
Contact:

Well, shit!

#1

Post by W9FTV »

It's been a shitty week in Lake Woebgon...
I was all excited about putting some new coax onto the vertical this afternoon until
the weather pornographers on Channel 4 (these guys go apeshit over storms to a pathological degree) declared that today was going to be "bad, very bad. Severe, even. Hail the size of yard gnomes with massive swollen testicles." Okay, the yard gnome bit was ad libbed, the rest is true, I swear! :Grin:

Haven't seen a drop yet, but NOAA says we might see an isolated storm or two.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. --Winston Churchill
Never ring the bell. -- Adm William McRaven
User avatar
United States of America Bubbathegimp
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Posts: 1487
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:18 pm
Location: Off Plumb
Contact:

Re: Well, shit!

#2

Post by Bubbathegimp »

i figured out a long time ago that weather forecasting was actually training for Congressmen.

If They say that there is an 80% chance of rain, you won't see shit, And if they call for around 20% your totally fucked....
Da Gubamint Taketh
Da Gubamint Giveth Away
User avatar
United States of America W9FTV
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Posts: 797
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:14 pm
Location: Conjuction Junction
Contact:

Re: Well, shit!

#3

Post by W9FTV »

Bubbathegimp wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:58 pm i figured out a long time ago that weather forecasting was actually training for Congressmen.

If They say that there is an 80% chance of rain, you won't see shit, And if they call for around 20% your totally fucked....
And now the computer I use for ham stuff/email server has gone tits up with a bad disk. So, add that to the list of things to deal with. :Dounlebirdie:
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. --Winston Churchill
Never ring the bell. -- Adm William McRaven
User avatar
United States of America Bubbathegimp
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:
Posts: 1487
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:18 pm
Location: Off Plumb
Contact:

Re: Well, shit!

#4

Post by Bubbathegimp »

Tits up wouldn't be a problem at all if you utilized sneakernet....
Da Gubamint Taketh
Da Gubamint Giveth Away
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests