WARFA Net

Ham Radio General Discussion
United States of America KD8DEY
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

WARFA Net

Post by KD8DEY »

Decided to tune into the WARFA net to listen in.
Tuned in a bit before the net was supposed to start.
The usual suspects were already there jabbering away...

Of course everybody knows that it is common courtesy to QSY
when a net is ready to start, but is not written in stone. Not everybody does this since nobody "Owns" a frequency. Sometimes a net has no choice but to move up or down a few Khz.

Instead of asking the usual suspect if he would mind moving (Even though we know thats not gonna happen) or moving themselves a few Khz, They started the net right over him (The Usual suspect)..

Should the individual, who's license is already up for forfeiture, loose his license? Probably so, But we all know how long it takes that wheel to grind.

Should WARFA have started their net over top of the "Usual Suspect"? No. Two wrongs don't make a right. They should have moved. Sure I know that they would have probably been followed, Jammed/Interfered with. But at least they would have kept on the high road instead of sinking to the "Usual Suspects" level...
Is it just me, or does "Googling Yourself" just not sound right?..
United States of America WZ7U
Reactions:

Re: WARFA Net

Post by WZ7U »

While you are absolutely correct in your position Bubba, I bet the WARFA crew have put up with this long enough to know that FCC isn't going to help them and so they (rightly IMO) feel that eff Billy and his minions, we're gonna carry on our stuff as usual. I understand the letter of the law states otherwise but I would give WARFA a break on this one. As long as they don't acknowledge them and stir the pot further, I say let WARFA have at it.

Oh, EFF YOU BILLY, YOU PIMPLE ON HAM RADIOS ASS!

Let ya guess whose side I fall on with this one.... :Grin:
de Eric, WZ7U, CN86jc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by KD8DEY »

True, The FCC isn't much help at the moment, But does that really give WARFA the excuse to abandon Ham radio standards and etiquette ?

One of the biggest complaints from the old farts is the apparent lack of standards or use of etiquette by the newer hams...
All the talk of LIDS, CBers, and nobody willing to lead by example?....
United States of America WZ7U
Reactions:

Post by WZ7U »

I get it man, but at some point something has to give. Its obvious to me that the usual suspects don't give a rats ass about rules or etiquette so I don't think WARFA leading by example will accomplish anything. Unfortunately.

The shit has gone on too long and is the prime example why I'm in no big hurry to get my 75 antenna back up. Because I have no scruples and would deliver in kind should one of those tards get in my grill.
de Eric, WZ7U, CN86jc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by KD8DEY »

Yes, It has gone on for too long, and is a stain on the ham radio community at large.

it's not just ham radio operators that hear this. The SWL listeners get a ear full of it as well.
it's way past time for the FCC to act with authority and clean up this ongoing cesspool. apparently Ham Ops are loosing the will or the ability to self police ourselves.
KK4ZYM
Curious
Curious
Reactions:

Post by KK4ZYM »

But, how do we self police people like Billy and his bunch? That sort of thing only works when all of the parties are gentlemen. Confronting people like Billy only stokes the fire. If the net changes frequency, the hecklers will only follow. If they’re attention whores, then ignoring them might be the best solution, even it means lowering yourself just a little.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by KD8DEY »

KK4ZYM wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:37 am But, how do we self police people like Billy and his bunch? That sort of thing only works when all of the parties are gentlemen. Confronting people like Billy only stokes the fire. If the net changes frequency, the hecklers will only follow. If they’re attention whores, then ignoring them might be the best solution, even it means lowering yourself just a little.
Which is why I say that we are loosing the ability to self police, and the FCC needs to step up their game...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Hamtalk”