How many ham related forums are you affiliated with?

No Board would be complete without a spot for Discussion of Topics not covered
By other Forums. Place it Here, BUT BE NICE
United States of America KD8DEY
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: How many ham related forums are you affiliated with?

Post by KD8DEY »

Wouldn't be hard to add something like that, from what it looks like in the
PhPBB control panel..Make it free with subtopics, but require a password to join..

I would be worried about such a section trashing the board, Then I can also just imagine how much attention just that section would require..
Is it just me, or does "Googling Yourself" just not sound right?..
w5wn
Curious
Curious
Reactions:

Post by w5wn »

WZ7U wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:15 pm Never climbed the paywall. Seems like a waste of money.
I use the logbook and premium services. It doesn't cost any more to go behind the paywall. Even though at times there is lively debate it is generally more respectful.
United States of America WZ7U
Reactions:

Post by WZ7U »

w5wn wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:52 pm
WZ7U wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:15 pm Never climbed the paywall. Seems like a waste of money.
I use the logbook and premium services. It doesn't cost any more to go behind the paywall. Even though at times there is lively debate it is generally more respectful.
I should up my level if only to get all my logbooks there uploaded to LotW. Then I could see what all the fuss is about. Not for a while yet though I'm afraid.
de Eric, WZ7U, CN86jc
W1TRY
Curious
Curious
Reactions:

Post by W1TRY »

This is my 3rd forum, but I've actually started checking in here instead of eHam. I very much appreciate the effort to put this together and would like to help make this a success if only by posting occasionally with something relevant (not including any tasteless jokes, it's my personal demon.)
I enjoy da Zed, but some threads have grown in size only by sarcastic comments, tales of glory days or lists of personal wealth. eHam seems to be STP (same ten people) and not quite the level of expertise I'd expect, dare I say almost a CB vibe... :Soapbox:
Get off my lawn!
United States of America KD8DEY
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by KD8DEY »

W1TRY wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:28 pm This is my 3rd forum, but I've actually started checking in here instead of eHam. I very much appreciate the effort to put this together and would like to help make this a success if only by posting occasionally with something relevant (not including any tasteless jokes, it's my personal demon.)
I enjoy da Zed, but some threads have grown in size only by sarcastic comments, tales of glory days or lists of personal wealth. eHam seems to be STP (same ten people) and not quite the level of expertise I'd expect, dare I say almost a CB vibe... :Soapbox:
I appreciate everybody stopping by.. I still have a ways to go in getting the board together...(Lack of expertise etc ....) After all I'm an Amateur not a Professional....

Turned down all the make money by letting us advertise stuff...
Hopefully the site catches on...

Try to run a site that allows (Reasonable) discussion without a bunch of personal attacks that everybody can enjoy (Hopefully without becoming overmoderated/sterilized/homogenized/) that takes on a "Personality" all it's own...

Funny thing though, I don't really consider it a Ham Radio site...(Check out the main page)
Have fun
Is it just me, or does "Googling Yourself" just not sound right?..
N0NB
Curious
Curious
Reactions:

Post by N0NB »

This makes four, I guess. QRZ, Worldwide DX Forums, and eham are the other three. I don't spend much time on eham other than checking a few of the forums every once in a while.

On QRZ I have exactly one user on ignore and it's not superman. :Have_a_Nice_Day:
If a pair of wires can be connected more than one way, the first way will blow the fuse.
Reactions:

Post by WZ7U »

N0NB wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:54 pmOn QRZ I have exactly one user on ignore and it's not superman. :Have_a_Nice_Day:
So, you're an admitted masochist. That guy drives me bonkers (superdud).
de Eric, WZ7U, CN86jc
N0NB
Curious
Curious
Reactions:

Post by N0NB »

WZ7U wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:26 pm
N0NB wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:54 pmOn QRZ I have exactly one user on ignore and it's not superman. :Have_a_Nice_Day:
So, you're an admitted masochist. That guy drives me bonkers (superdud).
I don't read him very much and he's actually calmed down a lot since his days on usenet. I do my best to avoid getting sucked into useless flame wars. I learned that many years ago on packet.

:Duel:
If a pair of wires can be connected more than one way, the first way will blow the fuse.
Reactions:

Post by WZ7U »

Dupe
Last edited by WZ7U on Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
de Eric, WZ7U, CN86jc
Reactions:

Post by WZ7U »

I screenshot this because I thought it interesting. The thread that elicited the response is, of course, deleted. Some people are getting fed up with the bullshit that goes on there, and a thread was started in the middle of the night about just that. Poof! It's gone. Of course I put my 1/50 of a dollar in and, well, here it is, the result.

Followed up with

de Eric, WZ7U, CN86jc
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Misc Off Topic Ham Discussions”