Common mode currents

Antenna Experimenters Forum
United States of America WZ7U
Reactions:

Common mode currents

Post by WZ7U »

I did some testing with a good friend 900 miles south and it seems I have some rf on the line when qro. :Banghead:

I've suspected this for some time now and apparently it's true so now I need to make chokes for the verticals. I have a good idea what I want to do but I'm curious what you did for similar problems. Share your choke/balun/unun stories here.
de Eric, WZ7U, CN86jc
United States of America W9FTV
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: Common mode currents

Post by W9FTV »

WZ7U wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:20 pm I did some testing with a good friend 900 miles south and it seems I have some rf on the line when qro. :Banghead:

I've suspected this for some time now and apparently it's true so now I need to make chokes for the verticals. I have a good idea what I want to do but I'm curious what you did for similar problems. Share your choke/balun/unun stories here.
I should own major stock in a ferrite manufacturer.
My earth ground (8 foot, copper clad steel rod), is connected to everything and is variable on a good day, totally useless on a bad day.
I've taken to going out and soaking the ground around the rod for about 15 mins before firing up the station.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. --Winston Churchill
Endeavor to persevere -- Chief Dan George
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Antenna Experimenters”