Moderator: W9FTV

Forum rules
The opinions expressed in this Forum are those of the authors. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of CORNPONE or its members.
United States of America Bubbathegimp
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Bubbathegimp »

2021, the year they started succeeding in killing freedom of expression on the internet
Da Gubamint Taketh
Da Gubamint Giveth Away
United States of America WZ7U
Reactions:

Re: 2021

Post by WZ7U »

Oh please, nobody is stopping anyone from being a grade A buttplug on the internet. It's a private property issue more than anything. Just like if you decided you didn't want to see any more posts from Oregon and locked me out. What the fudge am I going to be able to do about that?
de Eric, WZ7U, CN86jc
United States of America Bubbathegimp
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Bubbathegimp »

WZ7U wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:56 am Oh please, nobody is stopping anyone from being a grade A buttplug on the internet. It's a private property issue more than anything. Just like if you decided you didn't want to see any more posts from Oregon and locked me out. What the fudge am I going to be able to do about that?
Why would I want to lock you out??!!
I have a suspicion that it runs a lot deeper than just personal property issues...
Da Gubamint Taketh
Da Gubamint Giveth Away
United States of America WZ7U
Reactions:

Post by WZ7U »

You don't Bubba, or it would already be. It was just an example of how a site owner has the ultimate last call over who gets to play and who doesn't.

AFAIK, there has never been a "freedom of expression" pertaining to the internet. There probably should be. Problem is the 1A only applies to the government, not personal property; of which a website falls under personal property. And only in the US. The web is by nature an international allocation, which may prove to be a problem or not - remains to be seen. Net neutrality was all about equal access, not freedom of expression and we all saw how that turned out.
de Eric, WZ7U, CN86jc
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic